PHYS 204 Week 7 iLab 11 / DeVry
Complete course guide available here – http://class-tutor.com/doc/phys-204/phys-204-week-7-ilab-11-devry/
PHYS 204 Week 7 iLab 11
What kind of image will you see through a convex lens? What factors might affect the size of the image?
What happens to the image if half of the lens is covered?
- Write a description of what happens to the image size when you change the position of the lens.
- Describe whether the image is upright or inverted.
- What happens to the image if half of the lens is covered with an opaque object?
- The graph shows Inverse Image Distance (vertical axis) versus Object Distance (horizontal axis). The graph also shows a curve fit for the data. Write a description of the graph.
- Paste your graph here.
- What is the slope and y-intercept from the linear fit to your data?
- From the line fit, what is the focal length of the double convex lens?
- What value does the image distance approach as the object distance becomes larger?
- What value does the object distance approach as the image distance becomes larger?
- What is the relationship between image distance and object distance (directly related or inversely related)? Give evidence supporting your answer.
- Where would you place the object to obtain an image as far away from the lens as possible?
- Where would you place the object to obtain an image located at the focal length of the lens (100 mm)?
- Using your answer from above and your experiences in this activity, explain why fixed lens cameras require that the subject of the photo be a minimum distance from the lens.