HCS 451 Entire Course
To Download This Material Click HERE: DOWNLOAD
Or Copy The Link: http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/hcs-451-entire-course/
HCS 451 Week 1 Individual Assignment Overview of Risk and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet
Resource:Overview of Risk Management and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet Grading Criteria
Conduct research on health care disciplines of risk management and quality management and their roles in and influences on organizational performance.
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Overview of Risk Management and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet located on the student website. A specific grading rubric will be posted in the Main forum.
HCS 451 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Organizational Performance Management Table
Begin working on the Organizational Performance Management Table which is part of your Organizational Performance Management Paper assignment due in Week Four.
- Select specific organizations and research regulatory and accreditation standards that apply to your chosen organization types.
- Complete Part 1 and 2 of the table.
Submit the completed parts of the table to show progress on your assignment due in Week Four.
HCS 451 Week 3 Individual Assignment Risk and Quality Management Assessment Summary
Resource:Risk and Quality Management Assessment Summary Grading Criteria and Sample Executive Summary located in the Center for Writing Excellence
- Navigate to the Center for Writing Excellence in the University Library.
- Under Writing Resources, click Tutorials & Guides.
- Under Samples, click Sample Executive Summary.
Risk and quality management provide different methods, tools, and techniques to health care organizations to ensure that they provide quality health care. Leaders in a health care organization have hired you as a consultant to help assess the organization’s current status and define a future plan for providing quality health care.
Select an organization type in the health care industry as the basis for this assignment. The organization may be your employer or a health care organization of particular interest to you. Types of health care organizations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nursing facility
- Physician office
- Emergency medical services
- Managed care organization
- Home health care
- Community health department or provider
- Drug manufacturer
- Medical device manufacturer
- Durable medical equipment supplier
- Electronic medical records software suppliers
Research the key concepts of risk and quality management in health care and the factors that influence risk and quality management for your chosen type of organization.
Research the relationship between risk management and quality management.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word executive summary in which you complete the following:
- Describe your chosen organization.
- Describe the purpose of risk and quality management in health care organizations in general and in your chosen organization.
- Describe the key concepts of risk and quality management in your chosen organization.
- Explain steps the organization may take to identify and manage their risks.
- Identify at least three typical or actual risks in the organization. Describe how the risks might negatively affect the quality.
- Identify at least three internal and external factors that influence quality outcomes in the organization. Describe how these factors might negatively affect quality outcomes for the organization.
- Outline at least three of the organization’s long-term goals and at least three short-term goals.
- Identify at least three fundamental risks and quality management policies that should be implemented and how they will influence health outcomes.
- Explain the relationship between risk management and quality management in the organization and how these two disciplines complement each other.
Include at least four sources, two from the University Library and two from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a reference list of all resources and websites used in your research.
Format the executive summary and reference list consistent with APA guidelines.
A specific grading rubric is posted in the Main forum.
HCS 451 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Organizational Performance Management Paper and Table
Each Learning Team member must select a different type of health care organization to study for the purpose of this group assignment. You are encouraged to select a different type of organization from the one chosen in the Week Three individual assignment but it’s not necessary. Group members compare their chosen organizations to complete the table and paper.
Resources: Organizational Performance Management Table and Paper Grading Criteria and University of Phoenix Material: Organizational Performance Management Table
Conduct a group discussion and address the following points:
- Summarize the type of health care organization you selected.
- Compare the main regulatory and accreditation standards that apply to each type of organization and identify standards that apply broadly to most or all types of health care organizations.
- Discuss the influence of regulatory and accreditation standards on performance-management systems.
- Discuss how the performance-management systems affect risk and quality management in each type of organization.
- Identify key areas in the organization that will have direct responsibility for carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities associated with the regulations or standards.
- Identify other areas in the organization that will be indirectly affected by the regulations or standards.
- Outline what oversight activities you could use to ensure that the regulatory and accreditation requirements are being implemented and are achieving the desired results.
Collaborate to write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you address the following points:
- Address the similarities and differences among the types of organizations.
- Propose how each organization will monitor performance, achieve regulatory and accreditation compliance, and improve overall organizational performance.
- Describe ways each organization will communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of organizational goals and gain buy-in from staff to achieve compliance with the standards and requirements issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies.
- Determine how compliance with the regulations and development of risk- and quality-management systems for each type of organization contribute to the organization’s overall performance-management system.
Include at least four sources, three from the University Library and one from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research.
Format the paper and reference list consistent with APA guidelines. Include the Organizational Performance Management Table as an appendix to the paper.
- Document active participation in the learning team project—1 point is possible. Submit this as a separate document in the team forum.
HCS 451 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Tools and Decision Making for Ongoing Performance Management Presentation
Learning Team Assignment
Resource: Tools and Decision Making for Ongoing Performance Management Presentation Grading Criteria
Select one organization type from the various organizations your Learning Team analyzed as part of your Week Four assignment. Build on your knowledge acquired from all previous assignments to complete the final Learning Team presentation.
Conduct research about decision-making processes in risk management and quality management in health care, including the following:
- Common problems encountered by your chosen organization type
- How to acquire relevant information required for decision making
- Common tools used to enhance decision making
- Challenges that may be encountered in making risk-management and quality-management decisions
- Current and future trends in risk and quality management
- What strategies should be adapted to improve ongoing performance
Outline your organization’s decision-making processes that will be used to address risk- and quality-management issues. A 1-page list of steps, a flow chart, or a decision tree format is suggested.
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Tools and Decision Making for Ongoing Performance Management Scenario Worksheet located on the student website. Submit the worksheet to your facilitator separately from the presentation materials.
Create a presentation of your findings. Your presentation may be in one of the following formats:
- A 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including detailed speaker notes
Support your presentation with a minimum of six sources, four from the University Library and two from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a list of all resources used in your research.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Decision-making process document
- Summary of how the scenario might apply to your chosen organization
- Information needed and the most appropriate tools for responding to the scenario
- Why the process, information, and tools were chosen and how they should contribute to a response
- The decision your team made regarding the scenario and how you reached your decision
- How any changes resulting from your decisions could be disseminated and implemented in the organization
- An explanation of the concept of continuous quality management in the health care industry
- Challenges your team faced in this project
- Reference list consistent with APA guidelines
- Document active participation in the learning team project—1 point is possible. Submit this document separately in the team forum.