PHL 323 Entire Course
To Download This Material Click HERE: DOWNLOAD
Or Copy The Link: http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/phl-323-entire-course/
PHL 323 Week 1 Individual Assignment Personal Ethics Development Paper
Write a 1,050- to 1,200-word paper on personal ethics development that examines your personal ethical system and ground rules, including its origins and development.
- Incorporate the terms found in the University of Phoenix Material: Key Terms located on the student Web site.
- Focus on the developmental aspect of your ethics rather than on a particular position on any issue.
- Define your underlying ethical system, its primary principles, the sources that helped shape your ethics—such as people, institutions, events, and so forth—and the criteria and decision-making factors you used to revise them.
- Discuss the potential effect of your ethics on your performance or use of them in your workplace using a specific personal example.
- Explain why ethics are needed in an organization and how ethics are integrated into the organization to achieve its direction and goals. What effect does the application of these ethics have on individuals, organizations, and society?
PHL 323 Week 2 Individual Assignment Ethical Systems Table
PHL 323 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Current Ethical Issue in Business Paper
Research information on an issue that deals with business ethics from a newspaper, magazine, journal, TV, or the Internet.
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze the issue and address the following:
o Clearly define the issue.
o What seems to be the basis of the issue?
o Identify ground rules that manifested the situation.
o What ethical change, deficiency, or conflict brought it about?
o Which ethical systems were at work for key individuals in the organization—managers, executives, and employees?
o How did the organizational leadership come into play? How did ethical behavior and responsibility differ between employees and management? Pay particular attention to the role of middle management and executive management in causing or resolving the issue.
- Proposea plan for revising the ethical standards to resolve the issue for the company. Address how the plan affects employees and management.
o Include prescriptive and psychological approaches.
o The plan must include implementation, communication of the standards, and measurements of short- and long-term compliance.
- Includethe citation of the article for reference and attach a link to the article following the conclusion of your paper.
- Include at least two textbook references and three references from other sources with your paper.
Format your paper according to APA standards
PHL 323 Week 4 Individual Assignment Evaluation of a Business Code of Ethics
The purpose of this assignment is to assist you in refining problem-solving capabilities that organizations already possess for use in business ethics applications. This paper uses a structured, objective format sometimes called a system of inquiry. This assignment is a systematic formalized inquiry into or examination of the code of ethics of an organization and its effects to achieve a specific level of ethical behavior in employees, management, and executives.
Each business should have a framework for ensuring ethical behavior. The structure, format, and scope of codes vary depending on the company’s business. An oil company’s code, for example, would probably have different criteria and emphases than a healthcare provider’s code of ethics. Sometimes, codes of ethics are called by other names, such as an employee code of conduct. A code of ethics, though, should be differentiated from standard good operating practices.
Evaluation and analysis includes problem solving and behavior in assessing organizational ethics along with decision-making processes. In this case, you are evaluating your own company’s code of ethics, or that of another company if your employer does not have a code of ethics.
Write a 1,200- to 1,400-wordpaper, one not using question-and-answer format, discussing your organization’s code of ethics in detail. Perform the following steps:
- Obtain a copy of your employer’s code of ethics or find an example on the Internet from a major corporation, such as Shell Oil Company’s Statement of Ethics. This is the document upon which to base your inquiry.
- Write a general information paragraph on the company, including its mission statement.
- Determine the type of ethical system used by the firm and reasons or examples upon which you based your decisions. Ethical systems include ends-driven, relativistic, entitlement, and duty-driven (legal or religious) ethics.
- Identify and discuss how the code of ethics is used. Include several paragraphs on each use: one for employees, one for management, one for the board of directors, and so forth. Some of this information comes from the company’s code of ethics. Others may be available through an Internet search. Consider the following:
o Why it is used—the general or special circumstances
o How it is used
o When it is used
Note. You may not be able to find all the information. In that case, state this fact and indicate which sources were examined with no results.
- Why might the organization need to modify their existing code of ethics? Consider how you might modify the code if you were the new CEO and how you would implement the changes.
- What possible reactions to the code are to be expected from employees and managers? What effects does the organizational culture have on the acceptance of the code?
- What is the effect of the code on the organization?
Summarize the results of your systematic analysis or inquiry into the code of ethics of this organization.
PHL 323 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Ethics in the Workplace Case Study Action Plan and Presentation
Reviewthe University of Phoenix Material: Preparing a Case Study Analyses located on the student website.
Review one of the following case studies from Managing Business Ethics as assigned by your facilitator. The case studies are found in the text near the end of the given chapter.
- Merck and River Blindness in Ch. 2
- Pinto Fires in Ch. 4
- Sears, Roebuck, and Co.: The Auto Center Scandal in Ch. 7
- Videotek Corporation in Ch. 9
- Culture Change at Texaco in Ch. 9
- An Unethical Culture in Need of Change: Tap Pharmaceuticals in Ch. 9
Prepare a 15- to 18-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation—and detailed speaker notes in which you analyze the study and evaluate alternatives. Include the following:
- Determine all the facts: symptoms of problems; root problems; unresolved issues; roles of key players such as stakeholders, consumers, employees, management, shareholders, and the community; and ethical issues involved.
- What ethical system was at work?
- Analyze and evaluate alternatives.
- How would your alternatives change if you were working in a foreign country?
- What effect does globalization have on the choice of preferred alternatives?
Decide on the most valid alternative and make recommendations.