PSY 425 Entire Course
To Download This Material Click HERE: DOWNLOAD
Or Copy The Link: http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/psy-425-entire-course/
PSY 425 Week 1 Individual Assignment Past and Current Trends Paper
Prepare a 750- to 1,050-word paper examining substance abuse trends in the United States. Include the following:
- Identify past and current trends of the use and abuse of substances in the United States.
- Discuss when the use of illicit drugs may be considered culturally appropriate (e.g., medicinal purposes, religious ritual).
- Analyze health and social problems in the United States that occur due to drug abuse and addiction (e.g., cocaine, ecstasy, prescription drugs).
PSY 425 Week 2 Individual Assignment Drug Profile Paper
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you identify abused substances and their various effects. Include the following:
- Explain the psychology and physiology of addiction.
- Identify specific drug substances covering the following categories: stimulants, depressants, narcotics, hallucinogens, and cannabis.
- Discuss the addiction potential of various abused substances, what effects they have, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Discuss how prescription drugs can be abused and lead to addiction.
PSY 425 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Drug-Free Workplace Evaluation Paper
Read the following scenario:
- Company Y is considering instituting a drug-free workplace policy along with mandatory drug testing for new hires. They are not fully convinced that such a policy is necessary and are cautious of the costs associated with implementing a new program. You have been contacted to possibly write the policy and later provide training to employees if Company Y decides to adopt your policy.
Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word report for Company Y that emphasizes the importance of a drug-free workplace and the possible cost saving benefits to the company. When suggesting policies to help promote a drug-free workplace, include the following:
- Discuss the prevalence of illicit and prescription drug users in the United States workforce.
- Assess the affect of drug abuse on absenteeism, accidents, downtime, turnover, theft, morale, and productivity.
Describe key characteristics and benefits associated with a drug-free workplace.
PSY 425 Week 4 Individual Assignment Workplace Drug Screening Opinion Paper
Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on legal and ethical issues concerning workplace drug testing while also addressing workplace drug prevention and education programs. Consider these issues:
- Types of drug tests, such as urinalysis and sweat tests, and the reliability of those methods
- Types of drug testing programs, such as mandatory and voluntary
- Appropriateness of certain testing programs for specific environments
- Who to test and why
Offer critical judgment regarding the ethical and legal implications of drug testing, given the various factors outlined above.
Evaluate the ethical and legal considerations of workplace prevention and education programs.
Explore the ethical implications of mandatory drug education in the workplace.
Use atleast three sources other than the text, reflecting current research.
PSY 425 Week 5 Individual Assignment Article Review
Research articles related to how drug abuse affects families when one or more members are addicted to illicit and/or prescription drugs.
- Write an 800- to 1,050-word review of the articles. Include the following:
o Analyze the issues related to the affects of drug abuse on families.
o Describe the ramifications experienced by the family members who are not abusing drugs.
o Discuss resources available to family members of drug abusers.
- Use at least three sources other than the text, reflecting current research.
- Format your paper according to APA standards, including title and reference pages.
PSY 425 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Drug Treatment Options Paper
Write a 2,000- to 2,400-word paper on available drug treatment options. Include the following:
- Explain what employee assistance programs are and how they can help an employee struggling with drug addiction.
- Identify at least one inpatient treatment program and one outpatient treatment program and compare them.
- Explain treatment modalities offered by the programs (e.g., individual therapy, group therapy, psychotherapy).
- Identify characteristics of successful programs and which ones are prevalent in the programs you reviewed.