PSYCH 545 Week 3 Individual Assignment Ethical Decision Making Paper
To Download This Material Click HERE: DOWNLOAD
Or Copy The Link: http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/psych-545-week-3-individual-assignment-ethical-decision-making-paper/
Resources: Ch. 11 of Ethics in Psychology and Counseling, Internet, and University Library
In preparation for this assignment, select one of the following ethical dilemmas:
1) You are the only licensed therapist in a small rural town where the nearest town with a licensed therapist is an hour away by car. One day your sister-in-law walks into your office requesting therapy for what she describes as anxiety and depression. Assuming she does not require a higher level of care, what would you do?
2) You have been providing weekly therapy sessions for a middle aged man over the course of the past three months. He has been making excellent progress identifying and mitigating his thoughts, feelings, and behaviors which trigger his anxiety and depression. As you and he are discussing his progress to date and his thoughts related to reducing your sessions to every other week he discloses that he was sexually abused as a young teenager and has recently been experiencing intrusive thoughts related to sexually abusing children in his neighborhood. While you are fairly confident that he has never acted on these thoughts, you find yourself being repulsed and angry. What would you do relative to continuing therapy with this man?
3) You have just completed an initial session with a young lady who was recently released from a two month hospitalization following a near death automobile accident. She is manifesting signs and symptoms suggestive of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and she is appropriate for outpatient therapy, for which you are well trained and competent. At the end of the session she reports she cannot afford to pay you; however, is willing to clean your house on one day of each week that she receives therapy. What would you do?
Based on your selected dilemma, prepare a 1,400 to 1,750-word paper in which you apply the first 14 steps of the ethical decision-making process, which is located in Chapter 11 of your text, to your selected issue. Post through the Assignment Link. Be sure to address the following items in your paper:
- Describe your selected ethical dilemma.
- Define each of the first 14 steps in the ethical decision-making process.
- Discuss how each of the 14 steps of the ethical decision-making process
applied to the ethical dilemma you selected.
- Explain your decision related to the dilemma you selected.
- Explain the importance of ethical decision making in professional
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.