SCI 201 Entire Course
To Download This Material Click HERE: DOWNLOAD
Or Copy The Link: http://www.fortuneofstudents.com/sci-201-entire-course/
SCI 201 Week 1 Alternative Medical Systems Chart
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Alternative Medical Systems Chart
Complete the Alternative Medical Systems Chart.
Describe or define each system, delineate the key principles underlying the system, list several treatment types included in the system, and briefly describe how this system differs from conventional Western medicine.
SCI 201 Week 1 Individual Assignment CAM Therapeutic Modalities Paper
Resource: NCCAM website located at http://nccam.nih.gov/
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes an overview of CAM and its categories of treatments. The following areas should be addressed:
- Define the terms alternative medicine, complementary medicine, and integrative medicineand clarify how these terms differ.
- Describe how conventional medicine plays a role in these three terms.
- Review the philosophy of CAM and how it relates to or is different from conventional Western medicine.
- Describe the five domains of therapies according the NCCAM website.
- Research and describe one CAM treatment modality within one of the five NCCAM domains and give an example of how such a therapy could be used as an alternative therapy, a complementary therapy, and an integrative therapy for a specific medical condition. Explain how each example meets the definition of alternative, complementary, or integrative therapy and support the rationale for each of your selections.
Note. There should be a total of 3 examples in the completed assignment.
- Include the results of scientific studies, if available, that show a clinical benefit from the examples selected.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
SCI 201 Week 2 Individual Assignment Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM Resources Presentation
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on a methodology you create for assessing credibility and reliability of sources of CAM information. Include detailed speaker notes and reference citations.
Devise 3 to 5 objective criteria to judge the credibility and reliability of a source of information on CAM, such as a book, newspaper article, or speaker. Research websites on a CAM therapeutic modality.
Review one of the websites and determine how reliable the site is for CAM information, using your 3 to 5 criteria.
- Describe how a consumer’s attitudes and beliefs about CAM could hinder objective assessments of reliability and credibility in CAM.
- Demonstrate, in detail, how you reached your conclusion about the website. Consider using a grading scale or grid for this exercise.
- Discuss what steps the website could take to increase its credibility.
Present the Assessing Reliability and Credibility of CAM Resources Presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these may be (at the discretion of the faculty) oral presentations accompanied by PowerPoint®
For Online and Directed Study students, these are PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
SCI 201 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Complementary Healing Therapies Chart
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Complementary Healing Therapies Chart
Complete the Complementary Healing Therapies Chart.
Describe, in the first column, the philosophy and principles of therapy for each treatment modality.
Identify, in the second column, some of the potential benefits of therapy for each treatment modality.
SCI 201 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Dietary Supplement and Herb Chart
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Dietary Supplement and Herb Chart
Complete the Dietary Supplement and Herb Chart.
Discuss, in the first column, the various therapeutic uses for the herbal agent.
Write, in the second column, a summary of some available scientific studies that provide evidence for efficacy in any of the therapeutic uses listed in the first column. If there are no good scientific studies, note the absence of good studies.
List, in the last column, any potential side effects or possible adverse reactions that could occur with the use of the herbal agent.
SCI 201 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Regulatory Issues in CAM Paper
Write, as a team, a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper examining the current and future role of regulation and oversight in the field of CAM therapies and how it affects the consumer.
Note. Your instructor will assign each Learning Team a therapeutic modality from each of the five NCCAM domains.
Address the following for each of the treatment modalities:
- The current regulations and oversights that exist in the United States today
- The organization that provides the oversight
- Potential deficits of the current regulatory oversight
- Potential adverse outcomes that could occur with the current system
- Proposal and rationale for a new or alternative regulatory process
- Analysis of how the new plan would improve consumer protection
Potential obstacles to implementing the new plan